Monday, April 5, 2010

Going back to 2001

Have you ever said, "if I could go back to high school with what I know now I would ....."? My answer has always been emphatically 'NO'!!!! I didn't want to return to some of the worst times in my life to try and do it again. So today when I read the prophetic bulletin I had to think about it carefully. The whole Word is below but the part that caught me was, "The season you are entering into will parallel and be similar in essence to what you experienced in 2001." It goes on to say that we enter this time with more wisdom and spiritual maturity to assist. To be honest my reason for not want wanting to return was that many of my circumstances were not in my control or I just wasn't victorious. I didn't believe there was enough wisdom or maturity that could have changed the outcome so why relive it?!? If I want to be very honest I still live as a survivor only now I desperately want to know prevail and triumph on a regular basis.

So if God says it will parallel 2001.....what did it look like. TOUGH year!!!! Early in the year I left my live in boyfriend who I found was living a double life (yes there is a Jerry Springer story in my past), I moved in with my girlfriend and her husband because I couldn't afford to live on my own, I spent the entire summer drunk and depressed because I was turning 30 on Sept 2 but then.....9 days later twin towers fell. I was sobered quickly!! I paniced thinking I was watching armegeddon begin before my eyes and I was surely going to hell, that is if there was one cause quite frankly I didn't know what I believed. I ran to the local church and gave my life to Christ. God has since been talking to me that He graciously honored that act but that I came in fear and He is realigning those fears to the truth each day. To top off 2001 I was diagnosed with HPV cervical cancer. So is this a year I really want to paralell?

Now with all that said I know He has plans to prosper me and not harm me but in this moment my flesh cries out NO!!!!!!!! So that leaves me with a need to shift my perspective. Let's see in each of these situations first it was a year where truth was revealed, then favor was granted, then grace and salvation were freely given, the first act of surrendering happened and the first time I believed for healing. If I look at it with these eyes I can receive it. :-)

So from a spiritual perspective what did your 2001 hold for you?

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by Marsha Burns -- April 5, 2010:
You are beginning a new cycle of events. As the earth is designed to go through cycles and seasons, so are you. The season you are entering into will parallel and be similar in essence to what you experienced in 2001. However, you now have more wisdom and spiritual maturity that will assist you in your journey. Be prepared for a new day and a new time of exponential growth, says the Lord.
Genesis 8:22 "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, very, very interesting. God was speaking to me this morning about seasons. I'll have to meditate on this one. Thanks.

    I didn't know all that happened in 2001 for you- wow, but look at the great work God has done and continues to do! He is always faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason- thanks so much for commenting, it keeps me encouraged. I have one other that emails me each time. I'm loving this and wondering why I wasn't doing more of this sooner! Although it can be scary the thoughts that float around in my head...hahaha! As for this word I had a hard time with it initially but in the end God is always gracious to show us it 'in the light'.

    ReplyDelete