Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just Pondering

As I read the daily prophetic bulletin and scripture something caught my eye. "..... and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled." I have reread this a few times and asking for the Holy Spirit to quicken the understanding in my heart.

Now keep in mind I have done nothing but study for a state and federal exam, which I am on the plane headed to anchorage as I type so my brain is full at the moment. :-) This might also explain why I'm feeling a little muddy in the brain.

So the word and scripture are below. I would like to hear what you hear that to mean.

Spirit of Prophecy Bulletin
I am moving you by My Spirit into a higher and more perfect obedience. This will come through greater discernment, heightened awareness and sensitivity to what I am doing and speaking. You will need to exercise self-control so that your thoughts and emotions stay in check, says the Lord. Rejoice; your efforts will produce great rewards.

2 Corinthians 10:4-6 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you writing again! :) Blessings on your test- we'll be praying for you. I didn't realize it was so soon.

    As for the Scripture, I looked at it in the Amplified Bible and it looks like this is referring to the Church at the end judging the nations and their insubordinance and disobedience. We're preparing the way for perfection (the Bride making herself ready) by pulling down strongholds, taking thoughts captive, etc. leading up to punishing disobedience when all our obedience is fulfilled. I hope that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete