Sunday, February 27, 2011

God's Perfect Timing

I have been pondering the last few days about God’s timing.  Those that know me would probably say I’m a calculated planner with a flares of spontaneity.  I used to be much more spontaneous.  As I have reflected on the years gone by and see that some of my biggest mistakes were in those moments, I now tend to guard against them.  So what happens when God’s plans interject?  To us it might feel like spontaneity or wrong timing?  It then requires TRUST!  In Genesis God promises Sarah a child and she laughed at the timing. Gen 18:13-14 – “ Then the LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

Even when God created the earth in Genesis 1:14 He gave time…. “And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,…”
This last week God opened a house up for us to buy even though it was out of my calculated and planned time. Today I heard from a young gal back in California.  I had wanted her to come to church with me years ago. Last night she ended up at that same church and God spoke to her about me.  He has a perfect plan and with it carries PERFECT TIMING!  It doesn’t make it any less perfect just because we don’t understand it. So today I am grateful for His timing and I lay aside my calculated plans and expectations.

Agape,
Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment