Sunday, January 30, 2011

Showing Appreciation

Earlier this week I was sharing a story about a how I had been working well beyond regular hours for a customer and my heart wasn't really in it.  It was late and I was tired.  Then then the email came in and it said, "We appreciate you.....".  I was instantly renewed and filled with a desire to help them.  In that moment I realized that though there are many things that I need to keep my "love tank filled", I am driven first and foremost by genuine appreciation.  If I am appreciated I go beyond my normal level of giving into a true, heart felt desire to help. 

As I was relaying the story I heard a question in my spirit, "what would it look like if we appreciated what God has done and is doing for us through genuine appreciation?"  I then heard the last part of a scripture, "....how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:13.  Now don't mis-construe this wasn't a way to get more out of God or to make Him love me more - I mean genuine appreciation.  It says God looks at the motive of our hearts so if ours are full of genuine appreciation how much more would He pour out His Spirit upon us.

The pastor today talked about a honoring the King!  He reminded us of Esther that she honored the king twice before ever petitioning her request.  He also said that he believed that our willingness to honor the King in this season will determine how much of Him we will have access to in the coming following season. 

Appreciation and honor according to the dictionary have a similar root, "to hold in high regard".  This is the season to hold Him who reigns forever and ever in high regard and honor Him as the King of Kings and Lord or Lords.

Be Blessed!
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I believe that. That preacher may be onto something. :)

    The other side of that is when God says He appreciates you. I've had several prophetic words like that and it blows me away. Those words hold me up when the appreciation and affirmation of man is few and far between.

    Good word, Bethany. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revelation now Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete