Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Does Your Heart Hear?

I have these random thoughts and wish I had time to post more regularly. Tonight I was up working late and just got caught up in my worship music so I opened the blog to post.


What do you think you could "hear" if you stopped to listen with your heart?  Let's test it... Your next conversation with someone close your eyes, seal your mouth closed for at least 5 minutes, turn off your preconceived opinons and let your heart listen.

I believe in these moments we allow God to penetrate our hearts and we get to hear His heart for that person. We may or may not hear words but He will give us a heart to listen, to be compassionate, to love.


Twice tonight I have started typing and what I hear in my heart ends up being the very lyrics to the next song. And so be it again. David Crowder's bridge to a song says, "Wait for it; quiet now...Wait for the voice to speak". 

So as I mull this over have you ever really considered how much we judge based on what we see.  After I became a Christian, I used to say, "I saw" while pointing to my ear.  It was because I realized that I saw what He spoke.  Although when I've disengaged my heart it becomes a dangerous road of hearing with eyes of the flesh. 

The scripture says, "...out of the abundance of the mouth the heart speaks."  Let your heart be tuned to listen so that out of our mouth speaks life and encouragement.

Blessings,
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts and exercise. We can certainly rely too much on the info our eyes are giving us while God is wanting to show us something beyond.

    Thanks Bethany- appreciate this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Bethany! Thanks for sharing!!!!! <3 Someone's birthday is coming up!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete